The Irish oddities include
- UK standard power socket, instead of european
- Driving on the left side of the road
- Road signs in English ... and Gaelic
- Speed limits in miles
- Weights in pounds, ounces, stones and the likes
- Lengths in inch, foot, yard, mile, etc.
Hopefully the measurement system is being fixed now, distances between towns already in kilometers, speedlimits changing to km/h soon.
I've been driving for the last 4 or 5 days. It's not as scary as I thought it would be.
Posted by boyan at 09:08 AM
| Comments (0)